Our mission is twofold. We aim to help monolingual and multilingual children and adults develop communication independence during everyday routines and strive to improve the quality of speech and language services provided to children and adults from different cultural backgrounds and/or who speak languages other than English.
We intend to achieve these missions by conducting in-depth speech and language evaluations, creating individualized treatment plans, providing services in natural environments, and educating students, teachers, and healthcare professionals on appropriate and research-based assessment and treatment approaches for culturally and linguistically diverse individuals.
- developmental language disorders
- bilingual speech and language development
- second language acquisition/English Language Learners (ELLs)
- speech delay (“late talkers”)
- routines-based intervention
- early intervention
- parent coaching
- caregiver training
- the Life Participation Approach